www.flickr.com
Petra Bos' photos More of Petra Bos' photos

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Down Below...
Just a short update from Down Under. This Saturday I arrived in an extremely rainy Adelaide. Everybody here is very pleased with the drought-breaking rain, apparently it was the first rain of the year. Thankfully the weather is better now, not much different from when I left the UK last week.
Since I arrived at 6 am, I had to struggle most of the day to stay awake until a reasonable hour to sneak out to my bed. My bed, for now, is in the house of one of the lecturers of the department. It's very conveniently located in the city centre. I am looking around for a place of my own. Hopefully I will be able to find an apartment soon.
So far, people have been very nice and welcoming to me. Yesterday the professor (my supervisor) took the whole department out for dinner to welcome me!
I apologise for all the emails I did not send... I don't have access to the internet in the evenings at the moment, but as soon as I find my own place, it will be the first thing on my list to arrange (or second, maybe a bed first...).
Anyway, that's it for now, better get back to work.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marije said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Marije said...

he peet! leuk om te horen dat je je alllemaal goed bevalt tot nu toe daar beneden :) ga zo door!
xmarije

(sorry voor die 'deleted comment' - ik maakte een ernstig foutje)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wheee! You made it! Hooray :) Hope all is well in Adelaide. Sounds like you found a nice lab!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hé Petra in Australië!
Fijn dat je er nu bent en zo warm ontvangen bent (op de regen na dan;-)Succes met je plekje vinden daar! Liefs, Nienke

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Petra,

Alweer in het nieuwe ritme?
"k ben benieuwd naar je eigen plekje straks. Is het moeilijk om wat te vinden?
"k kan je nog wel veel vragen maar dat doe ik wel in een mailtje binnenkort! :-)
Groetjes, Nicole

5:27 PM  
Blogger Celine Bourdon said...

hey you!!!!


happy for te news!! The beggining is always a bit ruf! Any kangaroo adventures yet!
KANGARRRRRROOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Petra! Send us a mailing address for you - even if it's through work. I got the cycling route for you :)

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are safely installed in Adelaide! Keep us up to date with lots of pictures. A x

6:29 AM  
Blogger Marije said...

He miepie nou moet je wel blijven schrijven he. facebook is geen vervanging hoor! oh en je blognaam klopt ook niet mee. :) "Petra and the kangaroooz" misschien? hihi

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Petraatje,

Leuk om te horen dat alles zo'n beetje gesettled is nu. Ben benieuwd hoe je appartementje eruit ziet! Hoe is het weer inmiddels? Winter-achtig?
Tijd om te skypen!

-x-
mar

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
Petra Bos' photos More of Petra Bos' photos