www.flickr.com
Petra Bos' photos More of Petra Bos' photos

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Update from below

Finally another update, sorry for the wait!
After 1.5 month in Australia, I seem to be pretty settled and I am now enjoying my new Australian life. I found a nice little apartment in North Adelaide. It's close to the University and close to the city centre. It's in a nice and green area, although most of Adelaide is green at the moment, but that might have something to do with the permanent rain.
After several Ikea trips and deliveries, my house is now pretty complete and I feel very much at home. People who have seen my last house in Nottingham, will know why!
I'm also quite settled in the lab now. My supervisor is very nice and seems to be extremely good in her job and on top of things. The people in the lab are all nice and a very sociable bunch. I think there is about 4 lab parties coming up, all still in June!
As I mentioned, it rains a lot, makes it hard to believe South Australia is the driest state in the second driest continent on earth! But I shouldn't complain about the rain, since most Australians are still wishing for more, the water reservoirs are still much too low and the number of farmers out of business is still increasing. It also feels colder than I expected, but this might be psychological, since for me June is still supposed to be summer!
Anyway, I've started some sightseeing as well. Will tell you more about that in a next post, with photos! Promise not to wait that long again....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Petra,

IKEA is toch een geweldige uitvinding!!
Fijn dat je het zo naar je zin hebt daar en gezellige collega's hebt! Regen klinkt inderdaad een beetje vreemd... beetje nederlands weer dus. Alhoewel het hier bijna 30 graden is en weinig regen (tenminste in het noorden).

Groetjes, Nicole

11:20 PM  
Blogger jko said...

Hi Petra, Eindelijk weer een update... dat werd inderdaad tijd hoor. Goed te horen dat je het naar je zin hebt. Al had ook niet anders verwacht. Je hebt inmiddels al redelijk wat ervaring in het settlen in andere landen.

Nou ben benieuwd naar meer verhalen en natuurlijk naar foto's.

Groetjes Jolanda

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He Petra, gefeliciteerd met je appartementje, fijn hoor! Goed om te lezen dat je het naar je zin hebt daar! Liefs, Nienke

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Petraatje!

Jaaaa, eindelijk weer een update! Goed te horen dat je het al aardig naar je zin hebt. Zijn er een beetje aardige mensen daar? Zo te horen heb je het in ieder geval getroffen met je lab. Laat maar eens weten wanneer je een keertje kan skypen.

Liefs,
mar

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
Petra Bos' photos More of Petra Bos' photos